Open House | August 30th: Northeast BC Geological Carbon Capture and Storage Atlas project
On behalf of the BC Centre for Innovation and Clean Energy (CICE), the BC Hydrogen Office and Geoscience BC, I am writing to invite you to an open house event for the Northeast BC Geological Carbon Capture and Storage Atlas project.
This innovative project is assessing carbon capture and storage (CCS) potential in British Columbia’s Northeast Region and will help guide the rapidly growing low-carbon energy and CCS sectors.
- Where: Ramada Wyndham Northern Grand, 9830 100 Ave, Fort St John, BC V1J1Y5
- When: Tuesday, August 30th from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Register here: This event is free to attend, but we ask that you register ahead of time: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/393164484557/
The open house is a chance to meet with researchers and project partners, to hear detail about the Northeast BC Geological Carbon Capture and Storage Atlas project and to provide feedback and ideas about boosting BC’s clean economy.
The public information generated by this desktop study will be valuable to low carbon intensity hydrogen producers, industry, governments, academia, communities and Indigenous groups. Project results are expected to be published in late 2022. Initial detail from the project announcement can be found here: https://www.geosciencebc.com/northeast-bc-carbon-capture-and-storage-collaboration-will-inform-low-carbon-economy/
If you would like to meet separately to discuss the project and emerging low-carbon energy and CCS opportunities in northeast BC, please contact:
- Northeast BC Geological Carbon Capture and Storage Atlas project: Virginie Pochard-Linage, Geoscience BC: email@example.com
- Low-carbon energy and CCS opportunities: Chantelle Carden, CICE: firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of: CICE, the BC Hydrogen Office and Geoscience BC