Geoscience BC Report 2015-12
Regional Geochemical and Mineralogical Data -
TREK Project Year 2, Interior Plateau, British Columbia
- W. Jackaman, D.A. Sacco and R.E. Lett
Back to Data Releases Main Page
- Report Description
The TREK Project is a multi-year activity focused on generating a new geological understanding of part of the Interior Plateau of British Columbia. The project involves several integrated geochemical, geophysical and geological studies over this area, where rocks of the Stikine Terrace are mantled by younger volcanic rocks and glacial deposits. A part of the program, this project is a continuation (Year 2) of a surficial sampling program started in 2013. Presented in this report, is the geochemical and mineralogical data obtained from analysis of basal till samples that were collected throughout the area.
The report includes descriptions of 566 till samples and geochemical analyses (ICP and INAA). Gold grain and pebble counts were also conducted on selected samples. The results are provided in digital format as excel (xlsx) files and as maps displaying proportion symbol plots of the ranges of various metals within the till samples.
- Suggested Reference
- Jackaman, W.,Sacco, D.A. and Lett, R.E.(2015): Regional Geochemical and Mineralogical Data, TREK Project - Year 2, Interior Plateau, British Columbia; Geoscience BC, Report 2015-12.
- Projects of Interest
- Geophysical Surveys
- Geoscience BC Report 2014-10: Regional Geochemical and Mineralogical Data, TREK Project, Interior Plateau, British Columbia June 10, 2014
- Geoscience BC Report 2014-11: Geochemical Expression in Soil and Water of Carbon Dioxide Seepages near Nazko Volcanic Cone, Interior Plateau, central BC October 15, 2014
- Geoscience BC Report 2015-02: Investigation of Tree Sap as a Sample Medium for Regional Geochemical Exploration in Glacial Sediment Covered Terrains: A Case History from the Endako area, North-Central BC (NTS map sheets 093F/14 & /15 and 093K/02 & /03) February 16, 2015
- Geoscience BC Report 2015-09:Geochemical Reanalysis of Archived Till Samples, TREK Project, Interior Plateau, central BC (parts of NTS 093C, 093B, 093F & 093K) May 28, 2015
- Search Other Projects
- If you are interested in other Geoscience BC Projects of this type or in this area, try searching through all our projects: