Geoscience BC will be at the AME Roundup 2022 conference from January 31st to February 3rd with new minerals research, project updates and research posters. There are opportunities to connect with our team both in person (Booth #312) on Monday, January 31st and Tuesday, February 1st and online from January 31st to February 3rd.
Sign up for Geoscience BC email updates to make sure you receive news as soon as it is available!
Subscribe to Geoscience BC Email Updates
We will be launching new Geoscience BC memberships on January 31st.
Monday, January 31st, 2022
Summary of Activities 2021 Released
Geoscience BC will release the Minerals and Energy & Water Summary of Activities 2021 volumes on Monday, January 31st. They include papers summarizing the majority of Geoscience BC’s completed, ongoing and new research projects in 2021, including:
- 9 Minerals research papers
- 7 Energy: Oil & Gas research papers
- 2 Energy: Geothermal research papers
- 1 Water research paper
Limited hard copies of the Summary of Activities will be available at Geoscience BC’s AME Roundup booth and digital copies will be available to download from the Geoscience BC Virtual Booth as well as directly from the Geoscience BC website.
New Minerals Research Reports
Identification of New Porphyry Potential Under Cover in Central British Columbia
- This project is using existing Geoscience BC and other publicly available geophysical data to identify, map and model prospective copper-gold deposits and related rocks in the region of the Quesnel terrane between the Mount Polley (Quesnel) and Gibraltar (Williams Lake); and Mount Milligan (Mackenzie) mines that is covered by sediments deposited by glaciers (till). This project is part of the Central Interior Copper-Gold Research (CICGR) series of research projects.
Porphyry Vectoring Techniques in Advanced Argillic Altered Rocks in British Columbia
- This project generated new tools to help pinpoint potential copper-gold porphyry deposits within zones of advanced argillic alteration.
Monday, January 31st and Tuesday, February 1st, 2022
Minerals Research Posters
Posters providing research updates for three Geoscience BC scholarship recipients listed below will be on display at the in person AME Roundup 2022 Poster Session from Monday, January 31st to Tuesday, February 1st.
- Microbial sensing or ore mineralization – Bianca Iulianella Phillips
- Utilizing Trace Elements in Zircon (TEZ) to Distinguish Variability in Porphyry Magma Fertility Signatures Within and Between Arcs and Arc Settings in British Columbia, Arizona, and Chile – Taylor Ledoux
- Spectral Techniques Applied to Epithermal System Classification and Targeting, Toodoggone District, British Columbia, Canada – Pascal Voegeli
Tuesday, February 1st, 2022
Two Presentations at the Additions to the Geoscience Toolbox session 9:00 am – 11:00 am PST
Dianne Mitchinson, Research Associate at MDRU and Dave Sacco, Surficial Exploration Manager at Palmer, will provide updates on their Central Interior Copper-Gold Research (CICGR) projects at AME Roundup on Tuesday, February 1st at 9:00 am as part of the Additions to the Geoscience Toolbox technical session. Learn more about the CICGR projects.