Geoscience BC Report 2016-15
Surficial Geochemical Exploration Data for British Columbia Porphyry Copper Deposits
by F.A. Blaine, C.J.R. Hart and S. Jenkins, MDRU
Back to Data Releases Main Page
- Report Description
The purpose of this project and these results is to provide the mineral-exploration community with easy access to surficial geochemistry data and related information to facilitate exploration and discovery of BC porphyry deposits.
For a selected group of 15 porphyry deposits, geochemical information available in print form has been compiled, digitized and updated to meet modern geospatial standards, and paired with spatial datasets related
to the physiographic setting, glacial history, surficial materials and other geological factors that may influence geochemical distributions. These data packages are presented as 15 self-extracting data archives in ArcGIS® .mpk map package format that allow the user a high degree of flexibility to visualize the data with their own constraints. Users can thus visually and mathematically interrogate data to reveal relationships within the datasets, and potentially develop new models of geochemical dispersion in postglacial environments.
Examples of how such data can be utilized to understand the relative importance of surficial processes,
terrain and climate in producing modern geochemical signals in these types of environments are briefly discussed.
Each package includes geochemical data, maps and the .mpk package for the deposit, as well as the summary report.
- Schaft Creek (zip, 108 MB)
- Red Chris (zip, 107 MB)
- Pitman (zip, 103 MB)
- Louise Lake (zip, 101 MB)
- Davidson (zip, 324 MB)
- Hearne Hill & Morrison (zip, 114 MB)
- Takla Rainbow (zip, 182 MB)
- Mount Milligan (zip, 79 MB)
- Mouse Mountain (zip, 162 MB)
- Mount Polley (zip, 81 MB)
- Alwin & Highmont (zip, 128 MB)
- Getty (zip, 1.6 GB)
- Primer (zip, 87 MB)
- Iron Mask (Afton, Ajax, Galaxy) (zip, 110 MB)
- Brenda (zip, 121 MB)
- Suggested References
Blaine, F.A., Hart, C.J.R. and Jenkins, S. (2016): Surficial geochemical exploration data for British Columbia Porphyry Copper Deposits; Geoscience BC, Report 2016-15.
- Additional Links
- Project Page - Contains additional information on this project, including posters and technical articles.
- Search Other Projects
- If you are interested in other Geoscience BC Projects of this type or in this area, try searching through all our projects: