Geoscience BC Report 2014-10
Regional Geochemical and Mineralogical Data, TREK Project, Interior Plateau, British Columbia
by W. Jackaman (Noble Exploration Services Ltd.)
Back to Data Releases Main Page
- Report Components
- Digital Data ReadMe (pdf, 365 KB)
- Till Survey Trace Metal Data (xls, 1.0 MB)
- Till Survey Gold Grain Data (xls, 172 KB)
- Till Survey PCIM Data (xls, 226 KB)
- Till Survey Pebble Count (xls, 206 KB)
- Lake Survey Trace Metal Data (xls, 453 KB)
- Report Description
- Geoscience BC Report 2014-10 presents the geochemical and mineralogical data from the first year of the TREK surface geochemistry survey. TREK, short for Targeting Resources through Exploration and Knowledge, is a regional project designed to provide a new geological understanding of the central part of British Columbia's Interior Plateau to encourage exploration in this highly prospective, yet underexplored, region of the province. To accomplish this goal, regional data including surface geochemistry, airborne geophysics and geology data will be integrated. The surface geochemistry program will compile a comprehensive data set consisting of new and historical geochemical data and the reanalysis results of archived samples.
2013 was the first year of the TREK surface geochemistry survey and focused on the eastern portion of the TREK project area. Basal till is the primary sample medium of the geochemistry survey and is targeted using basal till potential maps produced for this project (Sacco et al., 2014). Where till was not present, lake sediment samples were collected. These sample results alone, and combined with the TREK airborne geophysical survey (Geoscience BC Report 2014-04), will provide new geological information to help vector exploration efforts in BC's Interior.
- Suggested Reference
- Jackaman, W. and Sacco, D. (2014): Geochemical and Mineralogical Data, TREK Project, Interior Plateau, British Columbia; Geoscience BC, Report 2014-10, 13 p.
- Additional Links
- Project Page - Contains additional information on the TREK Project
- Geoscience BC Report 2014-04: Fixed Wing Magnetic Geophysical Survey: TREK Project, Interior Plateau/Nechako Region, British Columbia
- Geoscience BC Report 2014-05: Acquired Heliborne High Resolution Aeromagnetic Surveys in the Blackwater District, TREK Project Area, British Columbia
- Geoscience BC Report 2014-06: Basal Till Potential Maps for the Interior Plateau, TREK Project, British Columbia (NTS 093B/12 & 13, 093C/09 & 16, 093F/01 & 08, 093G/04, 05, 12 & 13)
- Search Other Projects
- If you are interested in other Geoscience BC Projects of this type or in this area, try searching through all our projects: