Following up on the success of the QUEST Project
, Geoscience BC launched the QUEST-West Project
in June 2008. The project helps to identify the mineral potential of over 40,000 square kilometers from Vanderhoof and Fort St. James to Terrace and Kitimat. The Regional Districts of Bulkley-Nechako and Kitimat-Stikine, Northern Development Initiative Trust and the BC Geological Survey (Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources) are partners with Geoscience BC on this project.
QUEST-West included two new airborne geophysical surveys, a new ground geochemical survey and additional geoscience data compilation. To date, Geoscience BC's Board has approved $4.5 Million for data collection, compilation, analysis and distribution. Geoscience BC's QUEST-West activities were funded by a generous $6 million grant from the Province of BC, and an additional $750,000 from the Regional District of Bulkley–Nechako and the Northern Development Initiative Trust.
Click here for a shapefile of the QUEST-West geophysical survey outline.
- Posters and Presentations
- 2009 : AeroTem Survey Results from the Equity Silver Mine
- Mineral Exploration Roundup Poster (pdf, 3.96MB)
- 2009 : QUEST-WEST Project Geochemistry: Field Surveys & Data Reanalysis
- Mineral Exploration Roundup Poster (pdf, 44.5MB)
- 2008 : QUEST-West Project Summer 2008
- Geoscience BC QUEST-West Project Brochure (pdf, 1.81MB)
- 2008 : Minfile Occurences in the QUEST-WEST Project Area
- Geoscience BC QUEST-West Project Map (pdf, 7.44MB)
- Geology and Minfile info from MapPlace.ca
- 2008 : Mineral Claim Staking in the QUEST-WEST Project Area
- Geoscience BC QUEST-West Project Map (pdf, 7.95MB)
- Geology info from MapPlace.ca, Mineral Claim info from Land and Resource Data Warehouse (18 July, 2008)
- Technical Articles
- 2009: "QUEST-West Geophysics in Central British Columbia (NTS 093E, F, G, K, L, M, N, 103I): New Regional Gravity and Helicopter-Borne Time-Domain Electromagnetic Data"
- Summary of Activities 2008, Report 2009-1 p.1-6 (pdf, 4.64MB)
- 2009: "QUEST-West Project Geochemistry: Field Survey and Data Reanalysis, Central British Columbia (parts of NTS 093E, F, J, K, L, M, N)"
- Summary of Activities 2008, Report 2009-1 p.7-14 (pdf, 5.48MB)
- Final Deliverables
- GBC Compilation Maps
- Geochemical Surveys
- Geophysical Surveys
- Geoscience BC QUEST-West Follow-up Projects
- News Releases
- May 14, 2009: Geoscience BC Report 2009-11: Regional Drainage Sediment and Water Geochemical Data, Central BC (parts of NTS 93E, F, G, J, K, L, M, N & O)
- January 26, 2009: Geoscience BC Releases New Results from $5 Million QUEST-West Project
- November 6, 2008: Geoscience BC Releases QUEST-West Airborne Gravity Survey
- August 1, 2008: Geoscience BC launches QUEST-West Airborne Electromagnetic Survey
- June 19, 2008: Launch of the QUEST West Mountain Pine Beetle Geoscience Project