|Come see Geoscience BC at AME BC's Mineral Exploration Roundup Conference (January 23-26th at the Westin Bayshore Hotel in Vancouver):|
(Monday, January 23rd from 10 am to 5 pm)
Geoscience BC will once again have a full complement of posters at the Mineral Exploration Roundup in Vancouver. This year, Geoscience BC proponents, associates and scholarship winners will exhibit 25 posters at the Roundup poster session, which will be held on January 23rd from 10 am to 5 pm in the Westin Bayshore Ballroom.
These posters highlight much of Geoscience BC's ongoing work around the province, including:
The Geological Survey of Canada, BC Geological Survey and university students will also be displaying posters.
The list of Geoscience BC-affiliated posters is now available through our website at: http://www.geosciencebc.com/s/Posters.asp. Geoscience BC's website will be updated with PDF's of Geoscience BC-affiliated posters in early February.
- QUEST-Northwest Project (new geophysics plus mapping and regional geochemical program)
- Joint Geoscience BC - MDRU initiatives
- Quaternary geology projects in central and northwest BC
- Geoscience BC's work on oil & gas projects in BC, including work in Northeast BC and the Nechako Basin.
Technical Session: Public Geoscience: Investing in Tomorrow's Discoveries
(Tuesday, January 24th from 8:50 am to 11:30 am)
Three talks in the session will give updates on Geoscience BC-sponsored projects:
- "The Jurassic Eskay Creek Deposit, Northwestern British Columbia: Mineralogical and Geochemical Indicators of Proximity in Carbonaceous Mudstone" - Thomas Monecke (Colorado School of Mines)
- "PIMS ‐ Porphyry Indicator Minerals as a New Exploration Tool for BC Porphyry Deposits" - Craig Hart (Mineral Deposit Research Unit - UBC)
- "QUEST‐Northwest Mapping: Dease Lake Geoscience Project, Northern British Columbia" - Jim Logan (BC Geological Survey)
The session also features other talks from the BC Geological Survey, Geological Survey of Canada and the Yukon Geological Survey. See www.amebc.ca/roundup/overview-2012/technicalprograms2012/rounduptechnicalsessions2012.aspx for more information.
Geoscience BC Booth
(Wednesday, January 25th and Thursday, January 26th from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm)
Come by Geoscience BC's booth (F27) to learn about current and upcoming Geoscience BC projects. We'll have copies of our Summary of Activities 2011 volume (our annual technical volume) in both print and digital form. We'll also be giving away USB drives with the QUEST-Northwest airborne magnetic survey data that will be released on Monday morning. Maps from previous Geoscience BC projects will be available for viewing in hard copy and digital formats.
For more information on AME BC's Mineral Exploration Roundup Conference, go to http://www.amebc.ca/roundup/overview-2012.aspx