| ||June 08, 2009|
Geoscience BC Announces Scholarship Winners for 2009
| ||Geoscience BC is pleased to announce the awarding of nine graduate scholarships for $5000 to students working on a mineral or oil and gas exploration project in British Columbia. |
Successful applicants include:
• Joel Cubley, PhD student, University of Calgary
• Tom Meuzelaar, PhD student, Colorado School of Mines
• Dikun Yang, PhD student, University of British Columbia
• Elliot Holtham, PhD student, University of British Columbia
• Tyler Ruks, PhD student, University of British Columbia
• Thomas Chudy, PhD student, University of British Columbia
• Chad Sisulak, MSc student, Simon Fraser University
• Chelsea Fefchak, MSc student, University of Alberta
• Robin Buckley, MSc student, University of Western Ontario
The scholarships were open to students registered in a Masters (MSc) or Doctorate (PhD) program working on a mineral or oil and gas exploration-related topic in British Columbia. Applicants were scored based on their education and work experience, their thesis project, their career goals and aspirations, as well as the remarks from their references. Applications were reviewed by a panel of geoscientists, from industry and academia. Preference was given to applicants whose projects were deemed to have the greatest potential benefit to exploration in BC and whose research and career interests are primarily directed towards the exploration sector, either mineral or oil and gas.
For more information about Geoscience BC, scholarship opportunities, and the scholarship winners and their projects, please visit our website at www.geosciencebc.com.
You can view the Next News item: Wed Jun 17, 2009, New Seismic Reflection Data for the Nechako Basin, British Columbia
You can view the Previous News item: Thu May 14, 2009, Geoscience BC Report 2009-11: Regional Drainage Sediment and Water Geochemical Data, Central BC (parts of NTS 93E, F, G, J, K, L, M, N & O)
You can return to the main News page, or press the Back button on your browser.