Geoscience BC Report 2011-2
Northern BC Sample Reanalysis Project
(NTS 94C, 94D, 94E, 94L, 94M, 104B, 104G, 104I, 104O, 104P)
by W. Jackaman
- Summary Report (pdf, 463 KB)
- Raw Data in Excel files (zip, 10.1 MB)
Includes three files. "GBC Report 2011-02.XLS" includes the 2010 ICP-MS analytical results, and "NBC_STRM_Compilation.XLS" and "NBC_LAKE_Compilation.XLS" contain complete data listings for all regional geochemical surveys conducted in the study area.
Related Maps, Produced by Geoscience BC
Back to Data Releases Main Page
- Report Description
- Efforts by Geoscience BC to update older government funded regional geochemical survey (RGS) information have been ongoing since 2007. In 2010, drainage sediment samples from previous RGS programs conducted in northern BC from 1978 to 1997 were targeted for reanalysis by aqua-regia digestion ICP-MS. These surveys cover parts of NTS map areas 094C, D, E, L, M and 104B, G, I, O, P. This extremely prospective region contains the Stewart, Toodoggone and Cassiar mining camps which host numerous mineral prospects and producing mines.
A total of 7651 samples were analyzed for 53 analytes by ICP-MS and the data have now been prepared for public release as Geoscience BC Report 2011-2. The digital compilation combines original survey information with new data for base, precious, pathfinder plus rare earth elements. In order to provide full coverage of the study area, data from more recent RGS programs conducted in NTS map areas 104A, H and J have also been included in the compilation.
- Suggested Reference
- Jackaman, W. (2011): Northern BC Sample Reanalysis Project; Geoscience BC, Report 2011-2, 11 p.
- Additional Links
- Project Page - Contains additional information on this project, including posters and technical articles.
- Search Other Projects
- If you are interested in other Geoscience BC Projects of this type or in this area, try searching through all our projects: