Geoscience BC Report 2010-13
QUEST-South Regional Geochemical Data, Southern British Columbia
(NTS 92H, 92I, 92J)
by W. Jackaman
Back to Data Releases Main Page
- Summary Report and Appendices (pdf, 2.3MB)
- Readme and Raw Data (excel files) (zip, 5.1MB)
- Maps (for full list of maps refer to Appendix C of Report)
- Maps 01 to 10 (locations, geology, ICPMS Aluminum to Chromium) (pdf, 63MB)
- Maps 11 to 20 (ICPMS Cobalt to Mercury) (pdf, 61.2MB)
- Maps 21 to 30 (ICPMS Molybdenum to Sulphur) (pdf, 61.3MB)
- Maps 31 to 40 (ICPMS Tellurium to Zinc, INAA Antimony & Arsenic) (pdf, 61.7MB)
- Maps 41 to 50 (INAA Barium to Lanthanum) (pdf, 61.4MB)
- Maps 51 to 60 (INAA Lutetium to Tungsten) (pdf, 61.2MB)
- Maps 61 to 68 (INAA Uranium to Ytterbium, Fluorine, Loss on Ignition, Waters) (pdf, 47.6MB)
- Report Description
- The QUEST South project is the third of a series of large-scale regional geochemical studies that have been sponsored by Geoscience BC since 2007. Each of these projects (QUEST, QUEST-West and QUEST-South) has included a number of important initiatives such as in-fill sampling and the reanalysis of archived sediment pulps. Project results have significantly improved the availability of existing geochemical data for each of the study areas and have made a major contribution of new data to the provincial geochemical data set (see Jackaman and Reichheld, 2010).
As part of the 2009 QUEST-South Project being conducted in southern British Columbia, Geoscience BC funded infill stream based and basal till geochemical surveys. The QUEST-South Project also included the reanalysis of over 9 000 sample pulps from government funded surveys that were originally completed in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Results from the reanalysis work were released in January 2010 (Geoscience BC Report 2010-4).
This report, Geoscience BC Report 2010-13, contains results of the 2009 infill surveys and parts of this package incorporate data from previous regional stream and lake based surveys completed in the study area as well as the new reanalysis results. This information has been provided in a variety of digital formats. PDF files include survey descriptions and details regarding methods, field and analytical data listings, summary statistics, sample location map, geology map and maps for individual metals. Raw digital data files used in the production process are included in XLS formats.
- Suggested Reference
- Jackaman, W. (2010): QUEST-South Regional Geochemical Data, Southern British Columbia; Geoscience BC, Report 2010-13, 152 p.
- Additional Links
- QUEST-South Project - Contains additional information on this project, including posters and technical articles.
- Search Other Projects
- If you are interested in other Geoscience BC Projects of this type or in this area, try searching through all our projects: