Geoscience BC Report 2007-9
Geoscience BC Mountain Pine Beetle Data Repository (v1.0)
by W. Jackaman
Back to Data Releases Main Page
- Summary Report (pdf, 624KB)
- Regional Geochemical Data (Geochemical data files are provided in XLS, DBF and ARC Shapefile format):
- Geospatial Data Files (Roads, geology, streams, lakes etc.):
- Report Description
- Geoscience BC Report 2007-9 "Geoscience BC Mountain Pine Beetle Data Repository Version 1.0" compiles publicly available multimedia regional geochemical information for the core of the Mountain Pine Beetle Infestation Area of British Columbia.
Public geoscience initiatives have produced a large collection of geochemical data in the Mountain Pine Beetle infested area. Geoscience BC Report 2007-9 consolidates this diverse data landscape into a functional data repository, which includes a digital database of this geochemical information and associated geospatial base maps, and can be easily accessed and incorporated into a wide range of exploration and research activities. The repository provides immediate benefits of data access, delivery and functionality, and will assist in planning detailed surveys and targeted studies, identifying gaps in geochemical data that can profiled for future attention, and providing long-term data management advantages.
The database contains over 30,000 samples, covering over 250,000 square kilometers in BC's interior, and includes the new South Nechako Basin & Cariboo Basin geochemical data released in Geoscience BC Report 2007-6. A preliminary version of the Mountain Pine Beetle Data Repository was released on CD at Roundup in January 2007.
- Suggested Reference
- Jackaman, W. (2007): Geoscience BC MPB data repository (v1.0); Geoscience BC, Report 2007-9, 8 p.
- Additional Links
- Search Other Projects
- If you are interested in other Geoscience BC Projects of this type or in this area, try searching through all our projects: