Regional stream sediment and water geochemical data: Golden, Brazeau Lake, Canoe River and Mount Robson, Southeastern British Columbia (NTS 82N, 83C, 83D and 83E)
by C.O. Naas, CME Managing Consultants Inc.
Back to Data Releases Main Page
- Survey Summary (pdf, 432KB)
- Appendix A: Listings (pdf, 564KB)
- Appendix B: Statistics (pdf, 33KB)
- Appendix C: Maps (pdf, 47.0MB)
- Gridded Data Presentation (pdf, 127KB)
- Gridded Maps 82N (pdf, 42.8MB)
- Gridded Maps 83C (pdf, 13.2MB)
- Gridded Maps 83D (pdf, 91.7MB)
- Gridded Maps 83E (pdf, 15.5MB)
- Digital Data in XLS and DBF formats (zip, 1.34MB)
- Report Description
- Geoscience BC Report 2006-5/ MEMPR Geofile 2006-12 reports results of regional geochemical drainage sediment - water surveys in the Golden (NTS 82N), Brazeau River (83C), Canoe River (83D) and Mount Robson (83E) map sheets. This digital release consists of reports in PDF format, and appendices in a ZIP format file.
Most of the known base and precious metal occurrences are in the Golden map sheet although much of the remaining survey area has a higher potential for metallic and industrial mineral deposits. During 2005 stream sediment and water samples were collected from 1409 sites covering 21 560 square kilometres in southeastern BC. The samples were analysed for trace and minor elements by instrumental neutron activation and by aqua regia digestion - inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP/MS), for loss on ignition (LOI) and for fluorine. Water samples were analysed for pH, conductivity and fluoride. Gold values up to 357 ppb and silver up to 1747 ppb were detected in sediment samples from the surveys.
- Suggested Reference
- Naas, C.O. (2006): Regional stream sediment and water geochemical data: Golden, Brazeau Lake, Canoe River and Mount Robson, Southeastern British Columbia (NTS 82N, 83C, 83D and 83E); Geoscience BC Report 2006-5 and BC Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources Geofile 2006-12, 12 p.
- Additional Links
- Search Other Projects
- If you are interested in other Geoscience BC Projects of this type or in this area, try searching through all our projects: