Purchase of Proprietary Industry Airborne Magnetic Data: Request for Expressions of Interest
In support of Geoscience BC's mandate to provide public geoscience data to attract exploration investment to BC, we are pleased to issue this request for expressions of interest (EOI) for the purchase of proprietary industry airborne magnetics datasets.
Geoscience BC is initiating a new program to purchase proprietary digital airborne magnetic data from industry with the intention to integrate / compile the data and release it publicly.
This call for EOI's is for proprietary industry airborne magnetic data in the Interior Plateau region of BC. Digital data that meets the following criteria will be considered:
- Helicopter or fixed-wing airborne magnetic data
- Data must have been collected at a line-spacing of 250 m or less
- Survey areas greater than 200 km2, smaller survey areas may be considered under special circumstances (area of high interest)
- Data must be well-documented and ideally supported by logistics reports, flight logs, data archive descriptions and calibration files
- The digital data must not be publicly available, although maps and images derived from the data may already be in the public domain
For more details on this EOI, a map of the area of interest and submission guidelines, please download the following:
Deadline for submission is noon (Pacific) on January 15, 2013. All questions and submissions should be sent by email only to Kirstie Simpson, VP Minerals Research (contact details enclosed in EOI document).