Geoscience BC at the Mineral Exploration Roundup 2014 Conference
TREK Airborne Magnetic Survey Data Release Event
(Monday, January 27th at 11 am)
Geoscience BC will be releasing airborne magnetic survey results from the northern Interior Plateau region on Monday, January 27th at 11:00 am. Please join us and the Honourable Bill Bennett, Minister of Energy and Mines, in the Marine Room to celebrate the release of the first results of the TREK Project.
(Monday, January 27th from 10 am to 5 pm)
Geoscience BC will have several posters at the Mineral Exploration Roundup in Vancouver. This year, Geoscience BC proponents, associates and scholarship winners will exhibit 11 posters at the Roundup poster session, which will be held on January 27th from 10 am to 5 pm in the Westin Bayshore Ballroom.
These posters highlight some of Geoscience BC's ongoing work around the province, including:
- The TREK Project (new geophysics, geochemical and geothermal programs),
- The Northern Vancouver Island Exploration Geoscience Project (geochemical reanalysis program),
- Joint Geoscience BC - MDRU initiatives,
- Geoscience BC projects in southeast BC and central BC, and
- Updates from 2013 Geoscience BC Scholarship Winners.
Technical Session: Public Geoscience: A Resource for You
(Tuesday, January 28th from 8:30 am to 11:30 am)
Two talks in the session will give updates on Geoscience BC's TREK project (from 8:30 am to 11:30 am):
- "Targeting Resources through Exploration and Knowledge (TREK): using regional and industry airborne magnetic data to uncover BC's northern Interior Plateau region" -- Peter Kowalczyk (PK Geophysics for Geoscience BC)
- "Targeting basal till for geochemical and mineralogical surveys: Year 1 of the TREK geochemistry program" -- Dave Sacco (Geoscience BC)
The session also features talks from the BC Geological Survey, Geological Survey of Canada and the Yukon Geological Survey. See www.amebc.ca/roundup/overview-2014/conferenceprogram2014/technicalsessions2014.aspx for more information.
Geoscience BC Booth
(Wednesday, January 29th and Thursday, January 30th all day)
Come by Geoscience BC's booth (F27) to learn about current Geoscience BC projects. We'll have copies of our Summary of Activities 2013 volume and Annual Report. Maps from previous Geoscience BC projects will be available for viewing in hard copy and digital formats.
Drop by and preview our upcoming Online Mapping Tool and participate in our contest to name it for your chance to win an iPod nano!
For more information on AME BC's Mineral Exploration Roundup Conference, go to www.amebc.ca/roundup/overview-2014.aspx.
Geoscience BC is an industry-led, industry-focused not-for-profit society. Its mandate includes the collection, interpretation and distribution of geoscience data and expertise to promote investment in resource exploration and development in British Columbia. Geoscience BC is funded through grants from the Provincial Government and works in partnership with industry, academia, government, First Nations and communities to attract mineral and oil & gas investment to BC.
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/geosciencebc